The First Blog


I have been thinking a long time that over the past 10 years I have accumulated a lot of knowledge, and more and more thought to how to share this knowledge. For an author, the engineering work is not a work in the classical sense, but rather as a hobby, which also pays quite well. Whether it is good or bad, is jet to be determined. I have gotten this great experience by working in manufacturing and engineering companies in oil & gas sector in last 10 years. I have led multiple succesful EPC (Engineering, Procurement and Construction) projects for oil & gas sector.

I have also implemented multiple CAD software and PDM systems in multiple companies. I am experienced in consulting different CAD related start-ups, some of which are famous wordwide, some are still growing.

I'm highly motivated to give my contribution to the next generation of engineers, to guide and teach them and to make engineering more popular ant attractive among youngsters. I'm expressing this by doing different lecturers for students and if possible organize facotry tours. I have also started internship/trainee programme to make it possible for students to solve real and practical problems.

I love the direct approach in the form of lectures and discussions arising from doing this, but in this way I get to so few people, hence the idea to start my own blog. I do not consider myself a skilful wordsmith, but I will do my best and constructive feedback is always welcome.

One of the greatest astonishment in recent years for me has been the ruggedness of CAD world, from drafting quality, inefficiency used when building 3D models to radically different approaches in fulfilling Meta-Data. This topic will be discussed more in separate article.

I've seen a lot of companies where the ability to use the software is low and consequently the overall engineering efficiency is also low. For example I have seen on several occasions the situation where the CAD model history tree has a length of 30 features and rebuild time is about 60 seconds. By optimizing the history tree (took about 2 min), which decreased the length of the history tree from 30 to 10 features, resulting rebuild time decrease to 5 seconds. However, as in product development you are constantly changing details this will result in considerable time savings.

The aim of the blog is to write about topics and to initiate discussions regarding Engineering, CAD software, CAD computers and more widely in the mechanical engineering work.

You can find topics about SolidWorks on Facebook under the group page "SolidWorks User Group Estonia", that I'm managing with other interested parties.

Since the desire is to reach as readers Estonia as well as the international readers, the blog posts are bilingual.

Comments

  1. Study Mechanical Engineering in China on Scholarship for Pakistani students 2018

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

UNIFIED CAD META-DATA – ENGINEERING UTOPIA ?